Are you ready for softer skin? This body butter has you covered. All of you! I put it on from head to toe and it keeps my skin feeling soft and supple all day. And best of all, it’s not too greasy and doesn’t clog my pores. I like to add essential oils for fragrance, but this butter has a sweet nutty scent on its own. A little goes a long way, so this batch should last you several weeks. Enjoy!
p.s. Make it a gift! Put your body butter in a glass jar and add a cute tag to it. Voila!
SHEA BODY BUTTER
Yield: Makes about 1 pint
INGREDIENTS (use organic wherever possible)
- 1 cup raw shea butter
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E oil (you can also use 2-3 Vitamin E capsules as well. Carefully split them open to drain oil)
- Essential oil in your favorite scent, optional (about 40 drops, that may seem like a lot but the drops are tiny!)
- In a double boiler, melt shea butter and coconut oil together over medium-high heat. This will take about 10 minutes. Shea butter melts at a very high temperature so it will take longer than the coconut oil.
- Let the melted mixture come to room temperature and add the almond oil, vitamin E oil and essential oil (if using). Chill the mixture in the fridge for 30min-1 hour, until it becomes opaque.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on medium for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Keep body butter in a lidded container.